Thread: Halo 2
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #9
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
It all comes down to whether you want the game to be "realistic" or "balanced". I prefer realistic myself, so maybe that's why I enjoy Halo 2 multiplayer so much[/b]
I don't know whether anyone's told you, but there isn't a single multiplayer on the planet that's realistic. If it were truly realistic, the frag grenade would be the most powerful weapon because shrapnel would either kill your opponent or cripple them beyond moving.

Quote:
Just think about that and ask your self would you really be having more fun if they were unbelievably weak?[/b]
Maybe this is just an issue with me, but yes, I like weapons that are incredibly weak. That's one of the reasons why I think Perfect Dark's multi is far superior to any other is that it's possible to win even with the weakest weapon against a rocket launcher. My friend and I have had hours of fun plugging away at each other with the peashooter-like Falcon II pistols.

Plus this takes out the whole Energy Sword thing of *impale* *impale* *impale* *impale* *impale* *impale* "KILLTACULAR!" "Yeah, I am the most skilled with the Energy Sword!"

...No, you just possess the basic ability to press the R trigger when the crosshair is red.

Quote:
As for the little tricks in the game, they're there for the hardcore gamers... really imo to give them a little edge on the more casual gamers.
[/b]
I have a word for this, it's called being an "unfairbastard". I'd be alot happier, too, if Bungie actually had half-decent Quality Assurance and checked the game for glitches and SuperJumps and such.

Quote:
I said little instead of unfair, because its available to anyone that puts the effort into perfecting it.[/b]
You're right .

Quote:
Anyway, I hope I have provided a good counter point without sounding like a fanboy or whatever. Opinions on my post would be appreciated too.[/b]
And i'm very thankful that you did that, it sets you apart from all the Halo 2-loving racist twelve year olds you find on Xbox Live. There you have my opinions on your post, and I hope I didn't sound like a total jerk...I wouldn't know, I wasn't there when I typed them.