View Single Post
Old 24-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #46
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Apr 24 2006, 06:18 PM
"Netiquette" and being a good "Netizen" isn't about being a cog in "the system." It's about treating people with common courtesy and respect in a way that's understood online, in hopes of preventing misunderstandings and unnecessary drama/overreactions. I'm still wondering what exactly is wrong with that.

As for making issues public... Fine, when it's a professional/public matter. Tom's posting of the logs was fine, maybe even necessary, because the individuals who left did so with a certain vagueness and misdirection as to what was going on, leaving everyone else wondering about "conspiracy theories" and "mistreatment."

All it really seems to be to me is a little squabble about enforcing the rules of common courtesy and respecting your fellow forum-dweller. I mean come on - smileys? Is it really worth such drama? In general, most people prefer actual content in posts - that's why it's common sense.

Speaking of drama, I think if you've got a personal problem with someone else on the forum, either work it out privately, or ignore the person. Don't dredge it out for the entire forum to see, it's just not appropriate, as it's personal, not public info. Oh, and it's probably best to avoid interacting with someone who makes you mad, the anger will just make you unlikely to see anything but the negative.

Anyway, this stuff is tiring.
I wonder why you're on Tom's side. And why you make a long post and then say it's tiring.

I think this thread has fulfilled its purpose. Call in the closers.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder