View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Nilex
Forum hobbit

You should be an announcer for the fighters before the match

Hope I won't disappoint you but my ambitions don't go further than simply trying to justify taking a member space by posting something helpful here and there. Got caught in one of them periodical nostalgia waves so I'm a lot more active in them retro communities in the last few months. But I want to keep my head above the water, not letting myself get drowned by it, in attempt to maintain some balance for myself. Hope that makes sense.

The r/GameDeals/ deals either come as keys for Steam (some 20 sellers, including GG/GP), GoG, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net, and in rare cases, physical copy (US mostly). Rules are very strict so there are no suspicions key sellers there. If any goes under it's of no consequence because the key has already been activated. As I understand your store bankruptcy concern then only affects those mentioned above?

I asked myself the same question before I made my first Steam purchase. Came to the conclusion that Steam will out-last them all, as well as my physical media copies. And I also got tired of constant tinkering with installing/patching the game so it was and still is the best option for me.
Now lets imagine every store dies tomorrow, what would that mean for me? Nothing. Because once I purchase a game (or license, how they like to call it) anywhere I am care-free to retrieve it at my leisure from any of the many preservation sites out there. I know without a doubt I'm in the reasonable majority

It's been a long time since I saw someone with your concern. Average Joe is just happy to see their games running not thinking about it. So your comment is a positive refreshment. I can offer small re-assurance: when asked about the possibility of Steam bankruptcy Gaben said they would offer all games you purchased as DRM-free download before that happens. Only after reading that did I start buying on Steam.

Not sure if I answered your question so I'll be on the lookout for more.
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex