Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #601
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

Thats awesome news, that actually a guy is able to rewrite the .exe of that game! Unfortunately i dont use the ANTAG.EXE for my Mod.

In my version of that .exe, it is biased by war, but just versus the human player, so, you get all versus you, all others are in peace. My Mod dont needs all that ANTAG.EXE stuff anyway. The Antagonizer just makes war, just versus human player, that is diplomatic crap, and it dont gets my new values to build up planets, and builds ships a kind of crap - one out of three is total crap.

Yes, it knows how to build on coloured squares, thats nice but not that games true problem if built on blue or not, rebuilds newer planet and orbital stuff, and gives a kind of a little industry and science boost.

But in my Mod, you get already an awesome AI industry and science boost, and the ASCEND.EXE patch of 1996 is fair in diplomacy - you can tweak the ASCEND00.COB to balance the diplomacy really well, but for ALL species. The Antagonizer can be used in original game and is nice - but it solves not, that the AI dont shoots with special weapons, and dont really gets advanced modding - even smaller changes crap the game up completely.

Just logical, cause the ANTAG.EXE is a tighter algorithm to focus on building and rebuilding, and just one bad change in ASCEND00.COB, and it plays John Snow and knows nothing. The ASCEND.EXE is free and just does what i mod - better ship building, better planet building, better diplomacy anyway, and it just works all the time.

~~~

For me, it would be of interest, how you managed to decompile the .exe of Ascendancy to actually be able to rewrite it successfully. A Modders Guide, a Manual how to do that, just in general, would be a lovely piece for me!

I would rewrite the ASCEND.EXE patch of 1996, just to copy and paste in, a part of the Antagonizer, to rebuild older planet and orbital buildings. All other stuff i solved anyway by ASCEND00.COB. And the ONE THING, to advance that crappy AI, to REALLY advance the AI species would be, to say that crappy AI to just colonize EVERY huge planet in the first place, and then, EVERY solar system in the second.

Just give a Modders Guide here, how to decompile the .exes of Ascend please! I would use the patch of 1996 anyway.

Last edited by Nicheal; 03-06-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal