Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #587
Turbo Beholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I've been playing this game since it came out, a few suggestions for stretching the fun out.

1.) The handicap
[...] give yourself a 2 - 6 hundred day waiting period before you build your first structure (aka no science) depending on your ability.
5) Don't rush the ruins or grab the choke point systems right away - start to colonize/capture the next system only after you have finished with the previous one.
This limits the number of your ships - in fact, you colonize 1-2 (make the first ship without hyperdrive, if the home system has >2 free planets) and forces you to either stop colonization until you research Gravimetrics (to get Orbital Docks) or scrap perfectly good ships and rebuild them from scratch. Also, may make your planet list less messy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The planetary grid disappears much like a cloaked planet but I can still see my buildings just not the colored grid markers for undeveloped squares. Has anyone else had this issue and how do I get around it?
RTFM: "S - Toggle planet squares on and off".

Last edited by Turbo Beholder; 17-07-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Turbo Beholder is offline                         Send a private message to Turbo Beholder