Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #568
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

Well, the last Time a "Mod" for Ascendancy was posted, it was me,
and my Supremacy and Totally Cracy Mod, and actually it did work.

(Perhaps you were the Guy, not reading any Forum Post, or my README,
not knowing the NEED and the MUST HAVE of a working Ascend00.COB in Main Directory.
Had a Response, that "nothing has changed", since the Unpacking of my Mod...
that Guy was excited much, and after that damned Mod very frustrated and disappointed:

YES, if no single File was changed in Original Game, it can only be the Original Game...
the only Way to change the Lack of the Original Game, is to change Files... so you
HAVE TO use one of my Ascend00.COBs out of Sub-Folder pasted in Main Directory as
Ascend00.COB... and if the Solar System Names have changed... ET VOILA!)

What do you mean with "without changing Vanilla"?

Quote:
If your mod change a bunch of other things within the game though
then I will consider it just like another mod. And I hate mods.
YES, my Mod changes the most Ship-Stuff and Planet-Stuff!!!
The Gfx and Sfx still are quite the same, only the Ascend00.COB was changed, MUCH!!!

But i dont know, what you mean exactly. IF youŽd LOVE to get, finally,
a WORKING and HOT Ascendancy, but without Changes, youŽd get the same old Lack.
And if youŽd love to play Ascendancy like it should have been since 18 Years,
you could play this one. As i told often enough: ALL the Ship-Stuff and Planet-Stuff
is changed, and needs other Tecs to enable. The Weapons are much better now.
Everything is tweaked to a much better Gameplay. Example:

The Lane Endoscope. You get, in Original Ascendancy, the Lane Endoscope pretty late in Game...
this Gimmick allows to watch nearby Solar Systems, without moving in...
but at this Time of Game, you already WERE in. So this Gimmick is totally useless at this Time...
but two thousand Years earlier, it could have been worthy.
ALL the Ship-Stuff and Planet-Stuff is changed, to a much much better Gameplay.
The Special Weapons work now. The Diplomacy is MUCH more aggressive. So what.

If youŽd love to play Ascendancy, finally, WORKING and HOT, you should play this one.
And if youŽd like to cry for that good old Classic, cause of its pitiful Lack,
so do it, but it is not necessary anymore! The Answer is very easy:

Every true Ascendancy Fan out there, waiting since its Release for a working
Ascendancy, with all its Fun-Stuff working and fighting, COULD HAVE HIS JOY NOW!!!

Its your Decision. But i, would be damned happy, to play that finally!

The other Option would be, instead of playing a WORKING and HOT Ascendancy Mod,
with a DisIntegrator SHOOTING, to wait for the Logic Factory and its wonderful
Up to Date Releases, all these Year by Year Patches, which made me sooo happy,
or better: To wait for Ascendancy 2 MultiVerse, announced, 2025.

If any true Ascendancy Fan out there, would love to play a working Game,
he should use my Mod. The only other Option would be, to cry, while the boring Original sucks.

As i told: I cannot understand, your Doubts. That Mod IS Ascendancy, like it should be.
Its a true Wonder and Dream, for every true and sorely afflicted Ascend Fan out there!

Currently play my first real Testgame... and its pure Insanity!!! It is the best Ascendancy Game
i ever played... play HEAVY DELYXE MOD, Difficulty Level 4, HDBrutal... insane, totally insane.

Play as Swaparamans, Galaxy Size Middle, and the Marmosians sent Fleet by Fleet, while i was defending
a "Kings Cross", building up my last 6 Ships versus Fleets about 10, 12 Ships, building up, Step by Step,
Major Ships (Huge Hulls), then XenoArcheology, Gigantum Ships (Great Hulls). After the glorious Defeat
of the Marmosian Invasion Fleets at "Kings Cross" System (the Capelons were their bigger Enemy!),
we decided to push. Right at the Time, were we succeeded finally, on the other Border the Mebes
were extinct, and the Capelons almost conquered my Home System, 7 Gigantum Capelon Ships.

The Defeat of this Capelon Fleet, 2 of my 4 Home System Planets were shot down and conquered,
was a huge Victory. We tried to conquer the next Marmosian System... and four Gigantum Marmosian Ships,
were awaiting our 3 Gigantum Ships, firing at us by HyperSphere Drivers out of Range, and Shield Blasters...
EVERY DAMNED Marmosian Giant, has 1 HyperSphere Driver, and at least 3 Shield Blasters as Main Weaponry,
plus a Shield Blaster Special Weaponry... and, you know, these Weapons are FIRST WEAPONS, with heavy
Weapon Power, and the Disable Shields Special... we HAVE TO move back!!!

The Guy, being a big Ascendancy Fan, but NOT playing this Mod, what a Pity, its the best Ascendancy ever.
You have to face that: Currently, the Turn over 2000, we as Swaparamans have defeated the Marmosians,
but we are the THIRD EMPIRE, after Capelons and Frutmaka, the third out of four, three are gone.
Perhaps the second, cause we have 12 Ships, the Frutmaka only 10, but more Planets. And to have a Look
at Gigantum Frutmaka Ships, is quite a Shock: Up to 5 Brunswiks, three as Main Weaponry, plus.

Absolute Killers! These Guys would shoot my whole Fleets to Hell, without any Efforts... insane!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Delyxe.png
Views:	3530
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1741  

Last edited by Nicheal; 29-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal