View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Default Need help with a game

Okay guys. I have a problem and I think people from Abandonia could help me sort it out.

I have a game I'm supposed to make a review of: Outpost 2. I know that game fine and all but I wanted to play it again to make sure those memory are fresh and to try to spur the will to actually write the review.

The problem is minor but is quite an annoyance. There is radial buttons in this game, which are used to select the difficulty and some options. I can play the game without being able to click on those buttons but the default options is always the easy difficulty. Which kind of suck.

Now, this is kind of a recent problem because I clearly remember the game working flawlessly only a few years ago. The last time I played this game must have been 2 years top and this problem was not present at the time. I suspect either corruption or a new driver which kind of mess up with this old game but I uninstalled and reinstalled the game (I own the CD) and it doesn't help...

So of course I tried to find a patch to try to solve the problem which might well happen to future users who download the game on newer computers (this is a Windows game...)... But I simply can't find one for the sake of whatever and everything you want.

So, two questions for this problem:

1- Anybody have an idea what is the origin of this problem? Driver? Codec? Direct X? (The game install do mention Indiego drivers or something but state that I already have higher version installed and skip it)

2- Anybody have an idea if a patch actually exist?

Thank you for anybody who can help with this.