View Single Post
Old 17-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Some of my more recent terrible moments:

Rogue Legacy:
It's more of a platformer/ghouls & ghosts thing, and much like ghouls & ghosts I die a lot. A LOT. Can barely finish the first boss, couldn't get any further. Very frustrating.
Oh, it _meant_ to kill you. Each time. Nothing to worry. Upgrade, level up, get most obvious chests, upgrade... It will be better later.

Me, personally, on my L80, still not able to kill 4th boss. And dies about 200+ times so far (100+ before my first boss, I suppose). But I am very bad in platformers.
Quote:
Binding Of Isaac:
Again, something that was described as a rogue-like but really isn't. I'm also fantastically terrible at it, and again can only barely get past the first boss fight. Endlessly frustrating.
Oh, it's not so bad when you understood mechanics and got some nice upgrades (you still will die too frequent, and particularly bad initial loot will kill you, so to speak). But if you know where to blow, what all this cards means and unlock some upgrades - it's passable. Me, personally, only killed Mother - but it's passable, even for such slowpoke as me.
Quote:
FTL: Faster Than Light
A bit more rogue-like here, and I can at least make it to the only boss fight. Unfortunately, I have yet to finish the game despite many attempts.
I hate this game. I made it to the boss, killed him... and got _worse_ version of the same boss, when I haven't any weapon reserves anymore. Oh, come on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
What about You, Smiling Spectre?
Oh, it's simply. I hate each and every game that I cannot beat. Then I am clenches my fists, and beat it anyway. If I can. If I see not fair game (Galactic Civilization 1, for example, or Endless Space, or FTL, or Papers, Please) - I am mostly abandoning it and never return.