Thread: Powerslave (PC)
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Yep. That's something I forgot to mention, which I'll add to my review (I knew I forgot something, even after all that typing :amused. There are scarabs scattered around each level, and you can only save at those points during a level. This wouldn't be so bad, except for one thing... those save points are only temporary (perma-saves only come at the end of the levels). If you loose all your extra men, those temp saves are erased, and you have to do the whole level over again from the beginning. And given how big some of the levels are, that can be pretty frustrating.

I mentioned the weakened auto-aim feature in the controls section. It's what gave the controls a "6" instead of a "5". The auto-aim helps, but it is limited (the enemy has to be aware of your presence for it to work, otherwise, your gun just fires straight ahead). Disappointing really, as the broken strafing and mouse look are the only really bad aspects of the game. But seeing as those are important controls, it's hard to overlook their issues.

Last edited by The Coop; 11-02-2008 at 08:43 AM.
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop