Thread: Arkanoid
View Single Post
Old 31-10-2004, 06:01 AM   #8
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenris@Oct 30 2004, 03:46 PM
I once have played a newer a newer version of Arkanoid. I also recall a game called Bananoid and another breakout game which was even older than this arkanoid here. Too bad that I can't remember its name anymore but it was great. You could chosse the classic breakout mode where the only target was to crush all bricks. Then there was an adventure mode, quite similar to arkanoid. Every Level looked different and you could gain extras like a bigger paddle. As I remember the goal was to hit a special brick so you could proceed to the next level. There was also a multiplayer mode included. It was one of the best breakout games i remember, although the graphic consisted only of gigantic pixels of different colors.
You may be talking about LBreakout. I have LBreakout 2. Graphics are better than arkanoid, but arkanoid just more fun to play I reckon. But LBreakout 2 has a physics option where the balls use real physics and its harder to direct the ball. Also the LBreakout 2 I have doesnt work in dosbox.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow