Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:40 AM   #606
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

Hey, no cause to whimper!

Just create another crappy smartphone game app by adopting another 1995 game by polishing GFX to comic style 2D, and sell it to the numb people out there!

Perhaps you nail Tamagochi into a smartphone, so that all these soulless, brainless mechanical animal children have something to grow and die.

~~~

I failed to extract the ASCEND.EXE, cause the IDA Pro Free 5.0 i downloaded from chip.de, was just the one half of the medal, it spit out just another crappy gibberish.

The other half is the software "DOS/32 Advanced DOS Extender" which includes the SB.EXE, which i should use to extract by SB /U ASCEND.EXE. To copy the SB.EXE into the directory, which includes the ASCEND.EXE and to give that command into DosBox caused a line, that the whole DOS Extender is not properly installed. I would have to "set" the whole DOS Extender folder first, so that the SB.EXE will work.

I really dont know what these programmers talk about, how to "set" the whole folder, so that the DosBox realizes how to work with the SB.EXE! But anyway. Ascendancy got the special weapons shooting and the tec tree much better, and works fine for me.

~~~

The ANTAG.EXE i dont have the patience to check all the time. My check told, that it just crashes with my Mod, or dont gets to build planets correctly, or dont gets to make war correctly, so, i dont have the patience at all to tweak around til dead. I just take the ASCEND.EXE, and that works fine for me. Wished to tweak that .EXE itself, but have no patience at all, to crap around there! If extracting is that numb, i d prefer to watch a pile of dog shit to stop smelling.

Last edited by Nicheal; 07-06-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal