View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #28
JackOLantern

Then I must be doing something wrong, as 7-zip informed me on the first go that there was an error - CRC did not compute, or some such. I cannot imagine why a checksum error would have occurred, so I could use some advice.

EDIT: Repeated process after making sure that all files were present. Received this error: CRC failed in 'RLOFT_V1_1.img.ecm' File is broken.

caveat: although I think I did it the first time, I believe I did not include a system information file this time. Should that be included?

EDIT 2: tested the rar-open with all files present in a folder except for cluebook and manual. Used both 7-zip and Peazip; encountered the same error.

EDIT 3: Ok, it works. I obviously was not thinking it through, as a failed CRC on a file should have prompted me to check for a corrupted download. Used 7-zip to complete download.

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
There is no "conversion". The RAR contains the ISO inside it, R00 (and any further Rxx) files are simply subsequent parts of the archive. You can use WinRar or 7-Zip to decompress it.

Last edited by JackOLantern; 01-03-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Fixing lack of error inclusion & grammar errors & new test -test works
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern