View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

The issue being: the news has been swamped with box shots recently...yeah I've noticed that too...the site's been a real drag lately with updates that get me excited...I mean game updates.

I'm not denouncing box shots, I appreciate them and one day when I've got tons of cash to burn I'll make epic posters of my favourite games thanks to them.

I think the issue is that lots of people check the website frequently because they like to see the game updates...I know I love reading every single new review out.

Lately I haven't been so active, but I do check every day, and there haven't been a good number of game reviews over the past couple months.

Now let me propose a solution:
Clearly we need more game reviews...what if a new forum section was created JUST for reviews...the needing reviews list thread seems a little bit...dry, there's some reviews on there that have been TAKEN for a long time now, games that I would happily write a review for.

Admittedly, I still have War Wind 2 taken, but I couldn't bring myself to keep playing it long enough to get a good review, it drove me up the wall.

Also Conqueror wasn't on the list, but it was in the ISO cellar.

Make an entire section just for reviews so that we can renew the whole review list. Also, so that we can have a place to put up our reviews unofficially for critique and proofreading. I know I would love that.

Make people aware that lots of great games in the ISO cellar need reviewing, I did Blood and Magic a while back, I'm finished writing my review for Conqueror so that game could be made as an update real soon.

I've tried to review that one game on the reviews wanted list called Discovery: In the steps of Columbus, but I found I couldn't play it and I couldn't find any help online...that's the kind of thing we could post about in the reviews section..."I'm trying to review a game, anyone know how to play it?"

I'd be more than happy to get back into Mechwarrior 2 and write a review for that as well.

What I'm suggesting is put more focus on encouraging reviews, and then let's get those good ol' game updates coming in.
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon