View Single Post
Old 24-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

But that's the solution of your problem. If so many reviews are contributed that we have to do daily game updates, there is no place to annoy you with extras updates daily. And the more game updates the more readers according to your theory. And we want more readers, don't we? Actually, not necessarily. We make a site about old DOS games. If nobody besides us would be interested in old DOS games, we would still make this site. Since we like these games, we wouldn't switch to Wii games just to get more readers. And, honestly, if someone comes here to simply download games and away he is (perhaps coming back for five minutes to ask questions because he didn't read the manual we have as an extra), and this visitor doesn't like boxshots or the like - then I don't care. We are here for the whole gaming experience, and someone who doesn't want or understand that isn't our main target audience. He is welcome, but he has to find his stuff between all the useless extras by himself. We won't place only his favourite articles in our supermarket.

I don't consider you as a visitor. That was just an example for our largest audience since you seem to want to do hard calculations.

P.S. Back when I did a daily boxshots update, we surely had more readers than we would've had if there weren't updates at all.