View Single Post
Old 15-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #544
lazy.ninja
Talking Totally. On my smartphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masrim View Post
ahh then that is sweet, dosbox (adosbox) is available on android, and for free, oh man my work ethic is now completely destroyed.
Yes. VERY YES.

I've found the standard free Android aDOSBox emulator doesn't work right for me. I use a program called DosBox4SK which is made for some other specific phone, but it works great on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I also install the keyboard "Hacker's Keyboard" so I can actually get a full keyboard, since I play Crusaders of the Dark Savant in keyboard mode. Or of course you can use an external keyboard or mouse, I use a bluetooth keyboard. I can also get an adapter to plug usb keyboards and mice directly into the S3, but that varies by phone.

Turn the sound options to Adlib or Soundblaster for Music, but PC Speaker for Sound. I find the sound effects cut out sometimes (but not the music) but you just have to save and restart the emulator.

I think that you could play CODS on Mouse mode pretty effectively with a stylus, but it's a little difficult to press the buttons exactly with your fingers, they're too small on a smartphone, maybe on a tablet though.

The cool thing about running the game on DOSBox is that I can play the same game on my PC when I'm at home. I just plug in my phone and copy the savegame file over to the computer or vice versa. And always check the time and date on the copies before I confirm just to make sure!

And yeah, I can now get lost for hours in this game anywhere I am.... Not good. I have 4 characters now with all spell groups maxed, and woke the last 2 up from "death/pack mule" status so I can beef them all up to 20 Str and break down a few doors. Only about 60 hours in. :P

- a CODS lover.