Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 04:36 AM   #886
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Hmm, sounds interesting certainly. Thanks for posting it here. Think I'll wait still a bit though, until an improved version will become available, as some things I've read in the announcement show it's in the process of twiddling yet and not an all-around satisfying (at least for me) release.

Particularly that the AI doesn't know how to load units into boats yet, that's an exploitable weakness, imagine you start off on an island, enemy will be severely limited in reaching you. Lords of Magic, which I liked back in the day, had the same kind of lame AI problems.

That the AI gets the same amount of big cheating advantage as in original is also not something I (entirely) like as it is, I'd have preferred still a bit smarter AI with some less amount of cheating advantage. Smarter AI is a lot more fun to compete against, than cheating AI where one could feel compelled to get some cheating advantages as well, and / or exploiting game glitches or AI weaknesses.

But that looks pretty interesting, I'll be sure to keep my eye on progress of that work.
Yeah still lots of work to be done. Implode is still busily working on it, even today I can see activity so it'll keep getting better and more complete.

Anyway more big news guys! Looks like Seravy's Caster of Magic 2 (possibly renamed to 'Caster of Magic for Windows' now probably by Slitherine lol) is coming out of private beta and going public on steam soon.

What is also very interesting is that it says on the announcement that it supports custom resizable windows and presumably resolutions! I'll try to confirm that since that would be awesome news as Seravy had zero interest in higher viewing resolutions when I last talked to him about it (eg he was gonna keep it at 320x200 still lol). Maybe Slitherine or all his beta testers kept pestering him about it and he found a way to do it lol. Either way it's great news. Modern resolutions plus full 13 Wizard slaughterthon games are gonna be epic! Have wishlisted! Before anyone asks no it is not multiplayer lol (try Master of Magic - Implodes Multiplayer edition remake for that).

https://steamcommunity.com/games/114...00754907446252

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00