View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
Axiom
Forum hobbit

First off thanks for the reply,

Second, sorry... I should have mentioned that the image was mounted in daemon tools. So it was mounted but it still kept saying it cannot find the CD.

The sad thing is I managed to get Daggerfall working and that game took a lot of tinkering. This one stumps me for some reason.

So, mounting in Daemon tools? Check.
Mount d c:\birthright -t cdrom to emulate the cdrom drive? Check!

When I type dir I see the contents of the directory so i know i am in the right place.

Run the executable... cant find cd.

Hmmm.

EDIT: by running the executable, I mean mounting birthright, typing d: to switch to that drive and typing birthright at the prompt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Two errors.

1. You need to mount disc C: for, well, HDD. I think, you did it? But you need to have access to content of disc image, not files of image itself! (CCD and CUE). So your d mount will accomplish nothing.

2. So you need some means of emulating program to access real content of this disk - and, it seems, you have nothing. You can directly mount disk with imgmount, or emulate it with Daemon Tools. I, personally, recommend you second case, as it will give you access to more image formats and, well, will allow you to mount your images with simple double click.

Only remember: mounting image is like inserting real CD in virtual CD-drive. You will need to mount this CD-drive in DOSBox afterwards. (Of course, if it's internal mount of imgmount, you will not need to mount it second time .

Last edited by Axiom; 09-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Axiom is offline                         Send a private message to Axiom