Thread: Blood and Magic
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #22
SomeoneConfused

Let me just start by apologizing for that post being somewhat... off. It was then, and is now, too early in the morning.

Second, I HATE the little image you have to refresh to post without being a member on these boards... most illegible thing I'd ever seen. I know, not the place to complain, but dear lord...

Alright. As for actually getting this running.

mount D F:\ -t cdrom

F being a virtual CD rom that has the ISO (I have the actual cd for this game somewhere, wonder if that would help... or if I could find it.)

D being my actual CD rom drive. And then... install has a file creation error when it begins (I tried mounting the install drive (E:\. which yes, I mount to e:\)

And BAM seems to search for the interplay/bam directory. I've tried moving the non-CD install, the one lacking all the cinematic to that directory, and discounting the somewhat likely possibility of a typo, it still can't find it, even when I do.

(As much as I like the game play, its the cinematic that make the game. Heck I even enjoyed the book that came with it, the 30 page novella about a paladins wife being kidnapped.)

Is there some step, once you have the ISO to follow when installing it with dosbox that I'm missing? Why can't it create the files? Do I need to alter a permission? I'm on x64 Windows 7.