Thread: Chaos Overlords
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #83
Agharion

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_guest View Post
Great information, will certainly keep that in mind whenever I pick up Chaos Overlords again, thanks :thumbs:
I had no idea that having multiple gangs in 1 sector improves your chances of detecting enemies, that is very, very useful to know!
For chaosing gangs I would say it's best to keep a buffer between the total of your gangs' chaos and the sector's tolerance level: whenever the chaos exceeds the tolerance level, you're missing out on income and risk a police crackdown. Therefore it's more profitable to chaos a little less, but have income every turn.
No prob

The chaosing part you're talking about is optimal and true for lower levels and when you have plenty of sectors. But in Homicidal Maniac you will have more gangs than sectors...most likely 2-3 per sector, especially when you're starting to go on the offensive, so every dollar you can squeeze counts, instead of having idle gangs. So I tend to push the tolerance levels, then take it easy (below tolerance) after 2 crackdowns for 2 turns. Remember you will lose your sector if you get 3 crackdowns in 4 or 5 turns (I forgot the exact number of turns).

Once you own a quarter of the map, your strategy comes into effect.

When you own half the map, you definitely want to have a healthy tolerance buffer, because I noticed I got crackdowns even when my Chaos level was half the tolerance. I'm not sure if it's part of the game to increase the chances of crackdowns when you have several sectors.