View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #30
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton@Jul 8 2005, 10:38 PM
I don't really like this editing system.* I think that the editors should be reduced to an advisory role and recommend to the reviewer possible changes that they feel are needed (unless they want the editors to edit everything for them).

From my experience, the one editor who "consulted" with me was rather rude and arrogant, and refused to acknowledge most of the challenges I had posed to his corrections to one of my reviews.* I had listed several outstanding circumstances in one review and explained what I thought was wrong with the changes they had made, and I was met with an holier-than-thou attitude.* I don't think I should have to go through all the brass just because some editor with a chip on his shoulder the size of Alaska decided he wanted to play God with my reviews.
Many people around here have English for second or even third language, you know. So corrections are needed and helpful to keep the site in shape.

The grammar squad (or other people fixing some errors) won't do this with an evil attitude. They just try to impove the standard of the site. Maybe you have English as your first languge, but there might still be some minor errors while typing or writing a review. Sometimes it is just a single expression, which doesn't fit properly or for which the editor has some better expression at hand. Noone wants to dosgrace a reviewer's work here. You should just take them as a "good advice" IMO.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris