View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM   #25
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
I thought we lost all our rights to our reviews once we submitted them?
Well, you tell me. Did you think that? If so, you are correct.

Quote:
If that's so, then why are you asking for our permission for you to edit our reviews?
Courtesy.

Quote:
Like I've said to others before, there's no point in reviewers granting permission for review editing because the editors will do what they want anyway.
Well, no. The admins have the final say, of course. And we lowly editors are not out to get you or anyone else. If we run across a sentence like "The game is forcing player to run deeper and deeper into pathetic world of overpopulated earth," we'll change it to something like "This game forces the player to travel deeper and deeper into the disturbing world of an overpopulated earth." If we see that the review was written by someone we don't like, we may add, "but I feel an unnatural attraction to goats and other farm animals, so what do I know?" However, it is very rare for us to do this. If you genuinely have a problem with something we've edited, you are of course free to take it up with the admin of your choice. Given that the admins are human beings, previous forum behavior may help or harm your case. If you're generally well-respected and present your case in a calm and coherent manner, the admin in question is probably a lot more likely to be sympathetic than if you're widely recognized as a whiny jerk and fill up said admin's inbox with messages that read "GRAMMER NATZIES R TEH SUXOR!!!!1!!" That's just the way it is. (Note that this is speculation. I am not qualified to speak for the admins.)