Old 22-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #30
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 22 2006, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Playbahnosh* Posted on Jan 20 2006, 11:42 PM
As for the mod question, yeah. There are not may forum admins here, but that has its special purpose. If you have many mods on a forum with powers beyond imagination, they will actually think the forum is theirs, and will act like that. They will bash n00bs, ban people and do all kinds of funny stuff knowing they are immortal. Belive me, I was there when it happened on another board.
Yeah, maybe I just need to get used to a big forum like this. The last forum I actively participated in had 35 members and restricted access (based on invitation). It was used as a clanbase for an online browsergame. After a few month I became moderator and later even admin.
Watching the actions of 33 mostly well known members and cleaning up their mess was quite a job, but of course no way near the daily work of an Abandonia admin/mod. It's perfectly understandable, that a moderator can't be present all day long. And 6000+ members is just an incredible number (even if only 25% of them are active posters).

@Bobbin: searched for the term "map live" and found:
Abandonia Frappr Map, Pin your location
See. Even a newer member can find it. Iguess I'm the n00b in this situation.