View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Well if she liked Full Throttle, it's safe to bet she will like most LucasArts adventure games, such as Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island games, you might want to try other adventure games like the first two Broken Swords or the Gabriel Knight games. Adventure games are general wordy, but I think people with limited English still enjoy them thanks to the rich setting and characters.

As for Silent Hill, the series takes itself more seriously than most other games in the genre, so other survival horror games might not be such a wise choice (including Fatal Frame and Resident Evil series). There's a good alternative in Clock Tower games, but they were not released for the PC. The games I have played on PC and have captured best the Silent Hill charm are probably the first Max Payne (not a horror title) and the two Ties that Bind games, but these are action oriented so rather uninteresting to play in two.

Also I might throw in some modern adventure game suggestions... Everyone should play The Book of Unwritten Tales, it is better than most old classics. For something more darkish, you can try the Black Mirror series, especially parts 2 and 3, which are excellent.