View Single Post
Old 21-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

MGS - Wrong, they used examples from the Twin Snakes which was the worst remake ever, only the original had a good story, Twin Snakes screwed it up with abysmal and even more embarrassing cut scenes that would cause you to die if anyone else happened to walk into the room while you were watching them.

Grim Fandango - Ayep, but it needs to be higher up.

The Longest Journey - Uh, needs to be below Grim Fandango, the writing was childish at times and some of the characters made me punch myself.

Grand Theft Auto: SA - Please, this must be a joke, a gangster story that I could see on any 3'o'clock movie on BET or Spike TV? No, San Andreas is generic crappy stuff and that's what Rockstar was aiming for anyway. Anyone who took it seriously is both missing the point and an idiot.

Beyond Good & Evil - God yes, doesn't get enough mention, especially since people still consider Prince of Persia - Sands Of Time's story to be good.

Astro Boy - Sure it's arguably the best side scrolling shooter on the GBA, but the story was written as a Saturday Morning Cartoon and it gets old quick, please.

Portal - Ha, ha, GamesRadar must be mixing up "story" with "presentation" because Portal's shallow story was only kept alive by its extensive backstory. There was practically no story.

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - Do I really need to say anything? Oh yes, this game deserves to be above ALL the other games mentioned in this atrocious article. It has the best story out of all of them bar none.

Bioshock - No, no, just no. It's well written sure, but gimmicky and the game should've ended three quarters in. Once again, GamesRadar can't separate story from presentation.

Planescape: Torment - Atrocious game with a fantastic story, it deserves to be on the list, but as far as the gameplay go, Planescape is an unbalanced turd. It's like watching Hamlet with Alec Guinness playing the lead role while performing in somebody's garage with all the other actors sedated with morphine.

Fallout 2 - I consider this a slap in the face. How dare they take the crappy generic Enclave, the boring and stereotypical president along with the dull New Reno/NCR politics over the Master and his misguided views of a perfect united world? The Master was original, the Children of the Cathedral were confused and esoteric people, the mutants driven to the Master's wim by their stupidity, and Lou just being the biggest dick all in the middle of it. I refuse to take generic big fat Frank Horrigan over the Master and Lou.

God of War - Oh please.

KOTOR - Ahahaha, yeah, right.

Final Fantasy VI - Ok, yeah I've heard the group of teenagers rise up and kill evil things a thousand times in JRPGs. FFVI's story wasn't bad per se, but it's in no way good, even Fallout 2 was better in the story regard, and I hate FO2's story.

Silent Hill 2 - No, I cannot believe how overrated this game's story is. It's full of massive plot holes that the biggest fans try to explain with esoteric logic and the most useless details. Not only that, but James is the dullest character ever known and Mary is annoying to say the least.

That list is terrible to be honest.
Not a single Ultima game? Bite me, Ultima IV has a better story than all those feckin' games.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy