View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalsh22 View Post
I am also willing to make another go at making it work with DOSBOX, but all of the step-by-step for newbs instructions I can find for making Death Gate work there seem to include things like " Move the DGATE folder (so it is only C:\DGATE)." which seem to be applicable only to a windows enviroment (Although I could be wrong - it is hard to know what I do not know)
That instruction applies to DOS environment - specifically, the one emulated by DOSBox - but has been made overtly specific by someone trying to make the instructions more accessible to beginner users.
What that instruction should be is "Make sure Death Gate is in a subdirectory of whatever you are mounting as the DOSBox C drive and that this subdirectory is named 'DGATE' ".
The root of the DOSBox C drive is whatever directory you have mounted as the DOSBox C drive - it's as simple as that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman