View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
On a further note...
'serving a sentence' of temporary bans... if they're not such a big thing to get upset about it, why are they even issued and what's their purpose anyway?
A very strong warning for that person to stop their actions before a permament ban has to be issued - an equivalent to a bucket of cold water. And giving them time to calm down and reconsider their actions.
If you don't see point in that, I'll change it so that the third warning equals a permament ban. Makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Quote:
But surely forcing people to behave in any way through the element of fear is not (or at least I hope that people agree with me on this statement) acceptable.
Not forcing them to behave in any single way. Forcing them to not behave in certain specific ways. Which, as it happens, is exactly how something called "law" operates.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 12-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman