View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Making money? OH GOD NO! /sarcasim

I remember the whole I.E Netscape thing barely and even as a young person it sounded like the dumbest thing ever. Netscape has always been the one in the wrong to me, they lost market share and instead of making their product better to get it back they sued Microsoft. Netscape wasn't just a Internet browser it did mail and a bunch of other stuff and I don't think it was always free. So there is more to the story then I remember or know.

Microsoft has the money to throw some down a well and advertise their browser even if they never get any money back out of it. I am also sure that in some way Mozilla/Google/Apple and the like are all getting money from their "free" browsers. Remember Google has a free search engine, they sure as hell get a lot of money out of that one.

I would say the reason you don't see any law suits over media players or anything else Microsoft has coming with their OS is cause they locked down their Terms of Service/Use and got smart about the law and how to stop any lawsuits about it. And no one has been brave enough to try and step into the ring with a giant who can spend more money on lawyers then they do on their entire staff.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86