Thread: Pickle Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation Hey, You've Got Something There...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
If publisher released it for free and someone else is selling it, then it is the one that sells that is doing something wrong. Unless they have permission from publisher in which case publisher won't allow free distribution anymore.
Okay, so I thought about your post...
Well, I discovered a few things:

www.MVP.com doesn't appear to have any way to get to the download page listed, although it still exists and certainly works.

Redwood games does still sell Pickle Wars, Math Rescue, etc.

The question here is: Who owns the rights?

Does the Developer (Redwood Games) own the rights to these games, or has she not obtained them from MVP Software, the Publisher, and she is "illegally" selling them, thinking they are so old, and since she made them anyway, no one will care.

Is it possible it is a Joint-ownership? Weird stuff... Somebody might wanna contact Redwood Games (Which consists of one person, the Game Developer) and say something.

Waiting hopefully, StaaViinsZ

Later Add:
If this turns out to be Freeware, however, I am entirely open to helping out with some of the process of getting it on the site... E.g. Review etc. As I said previously, I am a bit busy right now. I'm going to try to get some of my Breach 3 stuff done, for whenever it is no longer sold, and then we'll see.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 06-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ