View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #14
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chumloofah @ Aug 27 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]307037[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Bah. :angry:
I can not find a 5th ornate key to unlock the way out the first dungeon.
It could be something to do with the puzzle room in which I can only figure out how to make the wall shoot a missile and not do anything.
Anyone got the skinny on this pickle?
[/b]

Open the portcullis to lever A with the Azure key (it can be found in the cauldron to the west of the entrance). Pushing lever A will unblock firing mechanism of lever B. Walk to lever B and push it. The fireball will strike southern rune and deactivate the spikes near lever C.
Go to lever C and push it to activate rotation mode of lever B. Push lever B to rotate the NW pillar. The next step is to deactivate rotation mode of lever B. That can be done by pushing lever A again (it sets lever B to firing mode).
Push lever B and then push the button after fireball lowers the spikes.

---
Think of it this way:
- Lever B is in null starting position. Neither rotates the NW pillar, neither fires a missile. Modes are to be switched by levers A and C.
- Lever A activates firing mode of lever B.
- Lever C activates rotation mode of lever B.
---
The button you pushed disabled the spikes in the room with two fountains, three spikes and closed door that didn't want to budge.

PS. I just made it to basement level 2 and now I know that you were talking about a different riddle. I'm on trail of those ornate keys.

EDIT (After some struggle with the game): Now, concerning our problem with Ornate keys on floor 2 (yup, I'm stuck there too right now). There is a Teleport rune available at The Ancients (A cave NE from the city with the first dungeons). I guess that would help to move a party member to the other side of the stream so he can pull that lever. I think that this lever removes the floor rune that blocks wall-missile from hitting the last rune. But... the teleport rune costs 4000 gold pieces so I cannot afford it right now, and therefore cannot validate my idea.
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru