View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
Machiavelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Hmm, are you sure you actually have Fate of Atlantis and not Last Crusade? Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis only runs in VGA mode (320x200, 256 colors) as much as I know. Or maybe there's some incompatibility problem between DosBox and your computer.
Yes, the box is quiet clear that it is FoA, though I have Last Crusade too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Distorted in what way, exactly?
Just the character models look a little too pixilated. The back of the box shows better screenshots and I can't remember what the game looked like when I played it when it came out. Maybe it is the resolution thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippesoep View Post
While Indy 4 can run in EGA mode (try it out by starting with "ATLANTIS E" -- type "ATLANTIS ?" to get a list of command line options), by default it'll run in VGA mode.

Copying the folder to the hard drive is not a good way to install.

Since I have the talkie version too, I just tried installing it and here's what I did:

Code:
mount c d:\oldstuff
mount d z:\ -t cdrom
d:
atlantis
(I have a folder called "oldstuff" on my D drive and my CD-ROM drive is Z in Windows). The above commands then start the installation procedure. Use the arrow keys to move the cursor down to "Sound Blaster & Compatibles / Adlib" and press Enter. Then move the cursor right to "Sound Blaster & Compatibles" and press Enter again. Accept the default port 220 (enter), IRQ 7 (enter). The press Escape and Y to save settings. In the menu that appears, press Enter to start the game.

If you later want to play the game again, just repeat the above commands (the game will then start immediately after typing "atlantis", as the configuration has been saved).
Will doing this install lose my saved games?
Machiavelli is offline                         Send a private message to Machiavelli