Thread: Planetfall
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Sorry about some of the scans being so large. The original documents were too big to fit on my scanner so I took them to a copy shop and they tried to reduce them first but that didn't turn out very well so we scanned them at full size. If you try to read them in your browser (by left clicking the link) you will probably have to magnify them to 150% to make them more legible reducing the size seems to make them hard to read. I suggest right clicking the links and then clicking "save target as". When you open them using the standard Adobe and not the browser plug-in they will render much clearer. At least they do on my PC.

The pages of the personal diary have begun to yellow with age a bit.

The qualification test at the end of the recruitment brochure is a laugh. Try it.

Some of the most important commands are ...
Look (or look at)
Examine
Up (U) to climb something as in stairs
Down (D) to descend stairs etc
North (N) travel north
South (S) travel south
East (E) travel east
West (W) travel west
Open
Close
Inventory (I)
Take
Drop
Wait (W) important to let time pass at certain point in the game
Save (save game)
Restore (restore saved game)
Restart (restart game)

there are more that you will figure out as you go. The game does a pretty good job of understanding phrases, also.

If you are absolutely stuck and need a hint there is a pretty good hint system at the web site

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/Invisiclues/planetfall/
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer