View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Default I like Street Fighter The Movie

I bought the DVD of the Street Fighter the Movie last friday. Watched it once. watched it twice. Watched it with commentary and watched all the "extras" (short 10 minute "documentary" about the movie and two removed scenes and Street Fighter 4 trailers). And I gotta say that I loved it.

Last time I saw the movie was when I was little kid. I think I have played Street Fighter 2 before, on SNES, but I didnt know much of the series. I did recognized characters though. In any case, to me it was typical action movie. You dont really think much about those stuff when you're a kid.

Now, over 10 years later, I saw it again and I gotta say it was damn good movie. Although most of the characters were nothing like their game incarnations, they were still fairly recognizable and tolerable enough, that I wasnt embarrassed to watch them. And Raul Julia DID do a great performance on Bison. Same cant be said about Van Damme, when he was trying to be serious in couple of scenes.

The movie had passable action but it was also funny. An action comedy so to speak. Lots of good gags and so on (like the one where they watch a truck on tv which is going to crash at them, and Zangief shouts "Quick! Change the channel!"). Overall, very enjoyable movie. Cheesy and fun to watch.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen