View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #17
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

There are plenty of people who need new computers every now and then...but every two years? Even as a gamer I have never needed that.

Any way anyone in animation, graphical design, game making, movie making, special effects, simulations, using high end programs for their work, people running servers, programmers, gamers and more then likely some more I cant think of often need to update their computers. Either because the programs they use need more power to do more things, or do things faster or just having more power will help them complete their work in a faster manner. If you are using a computer just to browse the net, or use Word or other low end programs then you don't need to update as often. The last computer I brought was over 5 years ago and it was only average for the time, my new one wont need to be updated for at least as long if not more.

A cheap computer might be able to do a lot of hardware related things that old computers need expensive parts for but there is plenty of software programs out there that need more power then what that cheap computer can bring to the table.

I have to compress videos for my Youtube channel, on my old computer this could take up to 30 to 40 minutes for a 15 minute video. My new computer does the same in 5 to 10 minutes. I could have stuck to using my old computer I would just have had to put up with slower speeds on my compression. Seems like a bloody good reason to me when it comes down to it.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86