Thread: Settlers 2 Gold
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #396
Pentti Hilkuri

I've got exactly the same problem, on sea routes chapter. Helpers aren't getting to roads, everything gets fucked up. I've used all there is on both islands and burned them, still not helping the problem. Every 3-5th section of the road gets a helper and it doesn't even help to create just one longer section of road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderman1981 View Post
So, I digged Settlers 2 Gold edition from drawer and wanted to play big game on 256x256 map. I made my own map for 7 players. But trouble starts when, just after starting - few minutes into game - game wont send helpers on road, builders to sites ect - and if sometimes it does, it takes like forever. It seems thjat game can't handle bigger then certain ammount of buildings and its getting bugged to place its not playable (i.e. - I have 5 fortresses near enemy but soldiers wont go from nearby stockhouse).

before you reply: I have soldiers (like 100 in each storehouse)
I have maxed DosBox ram side to 64 and it doesnt affect this issue.

I remember, that I had this problem with old-old PC 133Mhz Pentium with 32 ram on Windows 98, but later on I updated PC to 266mHz and 128MB and it was much better on gameplay

Anyone knows how to address this issue? Seems pretty bad to be able to create big world and not be able to play it...