View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #14
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
EDIT: according to some human right groups there should be 180.000 victims. bodies were not fund and also because of USA campaign in Iraq they are approaching that number fast. again...

anyway, still terrible figure... but hey today 170 people were killed in Baghdad with tightened security: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6567329.stm

anyone cares? who will express schock and condolences to the families? will Bush attend the memorial ceremonies?
[/b]

I am not a supporter of Bush but the US/Iraq war is over and has been ever since Saddam was toppled. The casualities of late have been a result of the war that the Iraqis are waging on themselves due to their apparent inability to govern themselves. Your post seems to infer that the massive casualities lately are a direct result of the US campaign when it is Iraqis killing Iraqis.

I suppose you could argue that had we never took down Saddam that none of this would be happening but there was no way the US could afford to wait for any kind of diplomacy or sanctions that a hapless and ineffective UN could impose.

"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer