View Single Post
Old 18-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Problem with "the right to protect oneself" is:

We
Are
Right

Now.... Who is right? I don't think "we" is a wholly valid answer here, or that "they" are always wrong. But I digress.

About the shooting, or rather, the ones who got shot: There are no words that will make any sense here I think, let alone be of any comfort to the ones left. The saddest thing however, is it will happen over and over again. NRA or not... I firmly believe the reason can be tracked down to our society which is not meant for human beings (I'm kind of a "simpleton" you see). Some cope with it, some don't. They flip it. It has next to nothing to do with games, books, movies or music, it has to do with the factors in society that makes it possible for us to recognize what we see in games/movies a.s.o. We recognize it because we have seen it before, in real life. Now, real life did come first, then we got the games (then we got people who insist it was the other way around). I also believe real life makes more of an impact than any game or movie could possibly do. Unfortunately, real life is a sacred cow here and can not be discussed without someone else bringing out the "stake, firewood and plenty of gasoline", and so we are dumbed down to think games are to blame.