Thread: Colonization
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #122
vahacris

indians are very useful at the begining.....

just buy 1 goods (200) and 1 tools (300) and go to one of inca towns to sell them for 1400-1600 each ! it gives something about 3000 from 500 investment...

you can do it again after 4-7 turns and they would buy tools or goods again. theres always some indian cities (at least 3) with sea connection, rest of them you gonna reach by wagon trains...........

it gives many many so needed gold on the start. this method always takes me far from my opponents on military and economic level, so i can easly crush other nations.... when i wipe them out i wait until cortez join my congress. he guarantee that destroyed indian cities always have tresaures.

inca and may capitals gives (with cortez) 15000-20000 tresaures ........

if you take my steps you should easly crush King army and gain a good score

oh. i forgot. in my opinion it is best to build 5-6 cities in top part of south america, near ore, river and forrests (river terrains gives good number of food after irrigation, ore and lumber are most important resuorces, still in need). at best build 3 port cities and 3 land cities. all close to others.

the other cities i built are small 2-3 people cities close to some resuorces (like silver, tabacco , weaver...). small cities should not have palisade. i built there only warehouse, nothing less. they produce resuorces all the time and when war for independence begins i destroy those small cities (they are easy target for King).

i defend independance in those 6 big cities, all close to each other and good comunicated by roads. it gives opportunity to quickly throw forces to most needed town). i only keep 5-7 cavalry and 3-4 artilery fortified in all towns. another 5-7 cavalry and 3-4 artillery help to the city which is attacked by king.

you should wipe out one desant team before another came out and easly crush king and his armies.......................

IMO you should hide all your ships in ports. fighting with man-o-war isn't easy and they could capture even your frigates. you should never fights them, only sometimes try to dameged them near your own ports................

in the text i use prices and army sizes from the second level of difficulty. but it works fine with all levels, you just need more armies and deals are lower....

thats the METHODS to make game easy, playable and fun.

hardcore colonization fans (like me ;] ) built they cities on deserts or tundras and dont even sell or buy anything from old world. they only have what they made themself or buy from indians. i know person which gain like 70-80% score after playin like that ;] word

maybe someone gonna use my tips

peace

ps. colonization - GAME OF THE CENTURY !!! ;]