View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

It appears they created a FPS with RPG elements. FPS done't usually have soem complicated stories. It also seems that the game is sandbox system. This is good concept but often fails in many games because it doesn't have the addequate stories or a propper endings (closures) to certain things.
A good example is Mount and Blade with descent combat system and graphics yet the game just yearns for mods. It seems the basic game is not really anything special. Check the forums and you will find most poeple there wondering i did this and that, now what? Reply "that's it" for more you ened mods. Well but the game costs (now) arround 30$ or somehting like that. Quite a lot for a game that will get you bored after a few days.
Problem is if the game is open you need alot of quests so that you feel like you are doing something with a goal. Not just wander arround in the wasteland. Ofcourse you can make your own quests but for how long? STALKER also has/had potential, but what happened in the end was broken quests, bugs etc. Still you can give yourself soem quests. again the question is for how long befroe you get bored, because you explored all the wilderness and turned arround every stone there.
And with todays techology one would think that it would be easier to put simple, "every day" stories in these games.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor