Thread: Ultimate Cards
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
chipschap

Default Works well here

I installed it with dosbox by first unzipping in some random directory (obviously don't need DOSbox for that). Then start DOSbox. Mount that random directory as D:. Mount my dosroot (where I keep all my DOSbox games) as C:. Install from D:. Accept default install directory on C:. Then copy crack to C:\UC and execute there. No need for all the SUBST stuff suggested on the Abandonia game page, though you can sure do it that way if you like or if you're using a real DOS machine and not DOSbox.

No problems, works great with DOSbox. (Can't speak to anything else.) I used the Sound Blaster Pro sound option. Not that the sound is really much to speak of. I suppose the "card played" sound is a little helpful but the computer voices ... meh. No real value added.

The games aren't bad at all, which is the whole point of this. I wanted this to play straight Whist, and it's more than good enough for me. Most straight Whist games nowadays (2013) seem to be for Android or expensive shareware for Windows. I wanted something on Linux and this fills the bill well enough at a very good price

Last edited by chipschap; 02-05-2013 at 07:30 AM.
chipschap is offline                         Send a private message to chipschap