Thread: Ultimate Cards
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Used DOSBox 0.63 for install and for playing, and it works like a charm.

Here is the step by step installation on my side:

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire guide on how to run this game

First, when I unzip the file I get a big directory which is not really ideal for DOSBox. I thus renamed it UcIns. That renamed directory sits in C:\Jeux. Second, I want to install the game to C:\Jeux\UC. Third, the game needs to be installed from a floppy (A:\). With those informations in mind, I launched DOSBox.

> mount c c:\
(Warning: by doing that you are mounting your entire C:\ drive. By doing so, it's no longer an "imaginary" drive, so be cautious of what you're doing there. I personally of course have no problems whatsoever with that.)
> mount a c:\jeux\UcIns
> a:
> install

At this point, the installation sequence will fire up. Answer all the questions, select the installation with sound and voice, select SoundBlaster Pro when prompted for the sound settings (the list continue to the bottom) and enter the directory path of where you want the game to be installed. Remember that _I_ want to install it to C:\Jeux\UC, but you might want to install it somewhere else at your convenance.

Once the installation is complete, you will prompted back to a:\. If you type "dir" as a command, you'll see that there is a file named CRACK.EXE. That's the crack you need to be able to play the game, and this mean that you need to copy it to the newly created game directory and execute it there.

> cd c:\jeux\uc
> copy a:\crack.exe
> crack.exe

From here, the game is completely installed and ready to be played. Since you are already in DOSBox, all you need to do is to type...

> UC.bat

... and voila! The game will run flawlessly in DOSBox 0.63, and the voice acting is working too! Enjoy the game.