View Single Post
Old 16-10-2005, 04:26 AM   #8
Evad
Game freak

from what I've seen of wolf:et, The main differences would be:
1)vehicles of all types, eg. tanks, airplanes, helicopters, jeeps, acp's, mobile anti-air are in bf2...
2)Medics can revive dead solders in bf2.
3)maps are complex and tactical(maybe in wolf too, i don't know).
4)bf2 simulates modern warfare as opposed to the ww2 era of wolf.
5)the point system in bf2 is complex, and even awards assist points.
6)squad based gameplay. In this game it is important to diversify your squad, and to really support each other. For instance, a well balanced squad(of 6 max) would have, 1 anti-tank(infantry support vs tanks),1 engineer(to lay mine fields and repair armor), 2 medics(to heal and revive team-mates,1 special opps(to take out targets and set up booby-traps with remote detinated explosives), and one support(to lay down covering fire and supply ammunition). Also, depending on the map you could substitute 1 medic or the special opps for a sniper, although they tend to work better on their own.
7) In tandum with the squad dynamic rests the commander position. If accepted by your army, you gain command of it, and observe the battle in a topdown view that is zoomable from which you steer the battle with artillery strikes and supply drops. You can also issue orders which will then be displayd to your squad leaders on their hud. examples of the orders available are, repair here. attack here. defend here. mine this location...
I think this is one of the funnest games i have ever played.

@redheadseb, Yeah I know, i was talking to tulac there sorry.
You didn't like bf2? why?
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad