best pistol: beretta L5
best shotgun: -
best SMG: AKM
best explosive: -
best special weapon: -
best armor: combat armor
supply: night vision googles (it sux), medkit
Invest into: radar

The mission sucks, because SMG-ammo is scarce (and its dmg is lacking), my shotgun sucks, the enemy is ranged and comes in hordes, AND on top of it there are no items or healing!
Prime weapon should be the pistol you just got for the cigarette (precise, hits hard), and the shotgun. I'll explain this below.
There's actualy a trick which can result even a Boxer be able to do this level: lure everything (especialy hugh mobs) to a stair. The fish-aliens can't shoot you when standing on dry land, but you can hit them (you have to stand close, so be cautious psitioning).
Also, be paranoid. If you think it moved, it probably did, so shoot it. The radar is ok to find bigger hordes, but you won't be able to spot moving single enemies, still worth the investment I assume.
Worth noting you can actualy leave the area and go back to HQ. This is good, because atthe commander there isa healing post. abuse it. There's another in the 2nd sewer-room.
Nowon the shotgun: you are outnumbered and outgunned. Some situation can be solved using the stairs, and by luring away minor groups, but thatwon't always be enough.
Oh, come to think of it: stuff seemingly random can blow up, especialy when entering the 2nd sewer-room - try to avoid that blasting any barrel you spot, and keeping your distance.
Oh, and don't trust to corridors, the isometric view hides half of them, so they are bloody dangerous (serious design-flow).
So, back on using the shotgun: when massive land-dwelling hordes appear, you can hide behind the other side of the fences. Maybe because hitboxes are not thatwell programmed, you can actualy shoot the monsters through the otherwise wall-like fences. This is especialy importans when opening the walves!

On bonuses: there's a single +100 HP - won't matter too much unfortunately.
Also, one of the secret rooms, only available after solving the mission, has a combat armor for you.

mission 5:
HQ:
best pistol: sig-sauer sig-pro
best shotgun: silbert DM50 (not sure when it appeared in shop)
best SMG: volcano G2000
best explosive: SL-1 (I think I had one on my other character, and it's slow and sucks)
best special weapon: G200 ion rifle
best armor: combat armor II
supply: big drone
Invest into: slibert DM50 (this is still "cheap", in the 20K$ category, but has the punch to repell the initial horde - exit the room during reload-time,and don't forget to heal!)

The mission starts in the HQ as usual, and the scientist gives you a random implant with 10-20 to two stat. Make this count, so prepare for reload. HP is excelent, STR is good, ACC is fine, speed might be acceptable if the other stat is awesome and you are bored, while intelligence is entirely useless.
My stats at this point, including this 19 HP 18 STR implant: 49/38/25/45/10/40. Preparing to bump economy to a lot.

I think you shouldn't wear your armor 100% of the time, spare it for big battles, and abuse the free healing in the HQ instead.
The 1st secret has a grenade launcher (it sucks, remove from the weapon slots).

BUG: you'll get control over unlimited ammo gatlings. The bug is, when you use them, your flaslight turns off.

The sad thing is, this isn't even a hard level. But as usual there are frustrating things. Like whenyou leave the initialarea and reach the turret, you no longer can go out, like to pick up the Secret Rooms with the end of the mission, or you got so used to spacebaraway the uninspired talks you can easily end the mission before looting the final secret room.

BTW: the radar is very useful here.

Mission 6:
best pistol: GLK-P5
best shotgun: jackhammer
best SMG: disembowel
best explosive: vampir
best special weapon: plasma desintegrator
best armor: power armor
supply: mega medikit
Invest into: jackhammer (despite its lot of missfires - lessened by crowds being hugh - it is very strong and not too expensive)

Very though mission. Remove healing kits from the fast item slot (it means it takes effect automaticaly), and remove your armor. Heal in the HQ. Do this until you reach the teleporter room, where put your stuff on. Destroy the teleporters, then use the SOUTH teleporter. That room is smaller. DESTROY THE COMPUTERS TOO besides just blowing that stuff up with the dynamite. If you get hurt, the teleporter-room hasa healing post.

At the north room you'll probably be zeroed on the armor, so go to the nearby store-room for another (weaker, but whatever) armor. Again destroy the computers. Let's hope you don't run out of time.

Last edited by twillight; 22-10-2019 at 07:10 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight