Thread: Civilization 2
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 11:37 AM   #219
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Sorry it's been so long since my last projects update guys. I took a bit of a break from all my Civilization 2 modding projects to work on preserving other peoples Civ2 scenarios & mods across multiple sites (CivFanatics, ModDB & Internet Archive) as it became pretty apparent that so much great work had been lost over the last 20+ years and someone needed to do something to stop the rot. It's taken me most of 2021 but I've rescued collections containing thousands of old scenarios so hopefully most of what was lost is safe now! There's still plenty more out there I'm trying to find and rescue though.

Because it was recently the 30th anniversary celebration of Sid Meier's Civilization 1 I also took some time to release my Civilization 1 mods to the world along with some videos that show people how they can play Civ1 in HD with mods & scenarios on modern machines using a VM. These Civ1 videos kick off a huge video series I've been working on for years that will show fans how they can play all the classic Civ1-2-3etc/Col/MoM/CtP/AlphaC games in HD with some of the best mods and scenarios out there.

I didn't create dev diaries for these mods as they're pretty simple compared to my big Civ2 ones I've been posting about in this thread but I have done some info & release articles on ModDB. I very much look forward to the day this year I do my final release posts for all the Civ2 stuff in this thread haha.

Civilization 1 For Windows - Soundtrack Overhaul Mod Release!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/civwin-co...ul-mod-release

Civilization 1 – Play As Barbarians Scenario release!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/attilas-c...enario-release

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00