Thread: Death Gate
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #18
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Jun 1 2005, 09:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Jun 1 2005, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Snowblind@Jun 1 2005, 08:25 PM
I think these older Great Top Rated games, I mean only the ones found worthy and deserving of it... Should be posted in full version.
Well the upper limit for a game archive at the moment is 200MB - full version of this game would unfortunately be larger then that. But that's one of the point we have the VIP section. It's such additions to abandoned games that are put in the VIP section (but not everybody can become a member - you need to help out the site).
[/b][/quote]
Just to tell some numbers...

The full version including speech and everything is about 540 MB. WAY too big for the site. The version with VESA support excluding sound rounds up to 120 MB and is very hard to rip. I tried with my german version a few times and couldn't get a proper working rip together. Apart from that I've digged up a 30 MB version from the net, which doesn't have any benefits compared to the game on our site., except the intro, which isn't worth seeing either IMO. So we've got a very nice compromise here. You won't miss anything spectecular, but may enjoy the whole game in quite a good state. Personally, I'm sorry for the limitations, but a full version would simply have grown too big.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris