Thread: Console Wars!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 AM   #9
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jul 6 2007, 11:56 PM) [snapback]298261[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burger Meister @ Jul 6 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]298232[/snapback]
Quote:
You have to remove pc from the options because the PC is not a console, it's a whole different ball game. How do people think the ps3 outranks the pc and the 360. and the wii, well no thanks... had one of those, but I traded it for a 360 which rocks. I voted PC here because it's an option and pc will always be the best "system".

@Iowa: The wii is not cheap at all. The console may be cheap but look at this.
Wii Console - $350
Wii Remote - $45
Wii Nunchuck - $20
Wii Games - $20-60 (Rip off because most wii games are ports of gc and or ps2 games)
Hi-Def Cables - $40-50 (Comes in 360 and ps3 bundles)

Grand Total: $505 (For Wii, suitable for 2 players, 1 game and hi-def cables)

Xbox 360 Premium - $450
Xbox 360 Wired Controller - $45
Xbox 360 Games - $9-60 (have seen xbox 360 games for 9 dollars, but wii cheapest is $19.99)
Xbox 360 Hi-Def - $0 (Already included)

Grand Total: $545 (For 360, suitable for 2 players, 1 game, hi-def cables)

it's 40 dollars more and is more valuable and fun (Wii is very boring unless you have 4 people constantly wanting to play)
[/b]
Wrong, the Wii for me cost much less, you get everything you need in the initial package.

I paid $250 for the Wii, then $50 for a game, that's all, from that point on I had two Wii controllers (a whole set) a classic controller, and old Gamecube controllers from my GC.

As for the games being ripoffs, hardly, and the argument that they're "last gen games" is totally BS to anyone that actually owns a Wii.
I don't care either way, but when you just speak untruthful things about a console it's dumb.
Also the X-Box Premium already has Wavebird wireless controllers packed in.
[/b][/quote]

I bought a Wii in North America at walmart, the grand total for the system itself with wii sports 1, controller set and such was around $350.

I did own a wii, and I still agree the games were last gen. Godfather, oh no you have a few more levels, but look the draw distance was even lower than it was on PS2 and the motion sensing was sub par.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jul 7 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]298271[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
All in all, if you want to be realistic, remove one vote and knock it up for the 360, the 360 is definitely and realistically the best competitor, and that's being unbiased, it's going the same as the PS2 did last generation.
[/b]
I voted for 360, I now own one. I traded my wii for a 360 (poor guy I traded it to, he has probably sold the wii by now). The 360 is probably the best out of all three next-gen consoles. It has best controller, pretty good games and the price is in the middle. It's not cheap, but you can still afford it.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister