Thread: Ghosts
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@May 12 2005, 06:26 PM
Well I'll just repeat myself again (and say the same as I did in the religious topics):

The one claiming that something exists must prove it - not the other way around!

That's the first rule of science. Also if you conduct an experiment and wish to present it as proof others must be able to run the same experiment and get the same resoults - otherwise it's not valid. If the experiment won't succeed in at least 80% of tries then it's not valid as proof.

Statistics aren't proof - statistics can give you an idea and can help you set a theory, but can not prove anything.

So even if you get 1.000.000 out of 1.500.000 people to claim they actually saw a ghost - that still doesn't prove ghosts exist. It just makes it more possible for you to actually find a ghost there and maybe get some proof of their existance.
Well, not everything can be solved with normal sience. At least that's what I believe.

This may also be excuses for some of the biggest fakes ever made, but still, there are thinks you just can't prove with normal science.

Maybe Science can prove such things, but haven't yet the possibilities to prove it. Maybe we have just to wait 50 years and you can just put on a google and see ghosts or something like that.

Who knows.....
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy