View Single Post
Old 21-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Xhumed
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
This might not work for some games, not just because of the label issue but because I remember some games having identically named data files (that differed by content) on several floppy disks.

There is one sure-fire way to install floppy games in DOSBox without using an actual floppy drive in the process: to use IMG files containing copies of the floppy contents with IMGMOUNT command.
IMGMOUNT A image_1 image_2 image_3 -t floppy

You can then cycle the images using CTRL+F4.
It also works for ISOs.
Hi, Thanks for that it's something I've read but not yet tried, I can see how to use it if you can make image files from the floppies or if someone has copied the files to individual folders Disc 1, Disc 2 etc but the game I was experimenting with (Subwar 2050) has all the files in one folder and as you said some have the same name and I have no way of knowing which files came from which disc, I think I might have been a bit lucky getting the game to install and work but I like to have a good go at getting games to work before I ask for help, I still get a buzz out of bringing an old game back to life even if my methods are...Umm, different. (Ignorance is bliss)
Xhumed is offline                         Send a private message to Xhumed