View Single Post
Old 26-10-2018, 06:00 PM   #19
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I installed (or upgraded) Windows 10 Pro from my old Windows 7 “Ultimate”. I am not even a bit sorry to downgrade to Windows 7 “Ultimate”.

I’ve actually checked that the F5 and F8 keys for Safe Mode do not really work anymore. If I need to enable Safe Mode, I will follow your hints and links! (not Capo nor Paco !)

yoga , if your hardware was Desktop, it would be interesting to have multi-boot where Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 could coexist.

It is recommended that each operating system be installed on separate Hard Disks so that the Boot Menu (F12) is enough to select which Operating System to run.
I forgot to mention one very important detail. Before I upgrade, I backed it up using Acronis True Image.

The first time, unfortunately, the Image Integrity check failed. Already the second time, the Creation of the Image was successful!

And another detail: using Acronis True Image, the System Restore tool as well as the Original Factory Restore (using Safe Mode) would lose its meaning because you simply have to back up regularly or before upgrading, installing a program, etc. It would be just a suggestion, but each one decides for what he/she thinks best of his/her own interest.

Another thing, I do not know if Windows 7 Pro provides Windows XP Mode. I know Windows 7 Ultimate, there was such a tool, although I have installed Oracle Virtual Machine much better than Windows XP Mode (on my Desktop).

Even so, if it is possible, in my opinion, if your Hardware offers many Hard Disk Bays and you also have multiple HDDs, it would be better to use the Multi-boot feature than installing the Virtual Machine. That would be just my opinion.

Even though my Notebook is older, as the HDD is SSD, it is still fast during Boot and Windows Update. I am very satisfied with the experience of using Windows 10 Pro. It is very worth installing SSD on any Hardware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Quote:

yoga , if your hardware was Desktop, it would be interesting to have multi-boot where Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 could coexist.

It is recommended that each operating system be installed on separate Hard Disks so that the Boot Menu (F12) is enough to select which Operating System to run.

Really nice idea.

When i finish Risen ....

Yes, i do have Toshiba laptop and Desktop PC.
As reserve variant for bad days.
Ah, i have 2 HDD only of Desktop PC!?

Is it true that ICQ is spying program?
(I do not have it)
Awww... Too bad! Unfortunately, branded PCs do not offer many HDD Bays (only 2 or 3 and Mini-SATA (mSATA) slot!)...

My Dell Desktop PC also has only 02 HDD Bays... OTOH, my mounted Desktop PC (Multi-boot with WinXP and Win7) has 06 HDD Bays!

I am not sure if ICQ is a “spyware”, but it has lost popularity and many users over the years... It has only 11 million users in 2014...