View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #10
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I don't have a problem with today's games except for the lack of innovation. I actually like the Wii because it tries to do something different. Yeah, there's a lot of garbage, but there are a lot of good games too. There is something for everyone, and companies are tapping into ignored market segments.

My biggest complaints are that most PC is an afterthought, and PC games are crappy console ports. And a lot of companies churn out sequel after sequel every year until you just become sick of it.

One thing that drives me crazy is the console crowd is supporting a horrible trend of game companies ripping you off. Xbox Live is one of the biggest scams ever. It drives me crazy that people actually waste money on it and think it's a good deal. And all of this overpriced DLC is another ripoff. I refuse to be nickel-and-dimed for a few minuscule items or an extra hour of gameplay. And now we have these "map packs" which actually started back with Battlefield 2 from what I remember. Now they're popular and even more expensive. I refused to buy them back then and I refuse to now. POS Activision rolling out their Stimulus Package map packs. It used to be that companies supported the customer and not the other way around. Bad enough being unpaid beta testers.

But there are still lots of good games. I still enjoy the Civilization series. Bioware is always reliable for a good RPG game. I just need to stop wasting my time with online games and FPS since they're a waste of time.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127