View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #929
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
But since the Cult has nothing to trade, is apparently hostile from the start, and anyway will hate me more every time I kill an alien, is there a point in investing any effort in fighting alien infiltration in their organization?
1. When truly taken over, they also have alien weapons.
2. When not taken over, fighting them gives you useable loot.
3. It is my understanding that once an organization is taken over, they help aliens spread in the city. Do you really want that?

Quote:
I have played only a tiny little, and it's hard to tell which weapons are most effective from the numbers... From what I read, if you have the ammo it always improves your odds to use the weapons with the highest firing rate, even though they will have the lowest accuracy per shot, and even to wield one rifle in each hand... It seems a bit off.
It does nothing to aid or train your troops accuracy, especially at full auto. (to reiterate: from what I've seen, using aimed fire seems to develop your troops' accuracy stat faster)
Quote:
12 men 12 guns? Then you don't equip a weapon in each hand as many people seem to do? Have you tried it?
Been there, done that.
Dual wielding is OK when you don't NEED accuracy (autocannons with incendiary or explosive clips, mini-launchers, alien guns used for demolitions).
Nowadays I'm much in favor of the sniper rifles used when kneeling or prone, on maximum accuracy, by 4-man squads.
Quote:
And how do you go about stunning aliens? It seems to be absolutely necessary to capture lots of them for research.
Stun grenades (the cone-shaped yellow ones), as long as the alien is exposed long enough to the gas. Stun Grapples up close (they're not point-blank, fortunately). Or Psi - allegedly.
Quote:
Do you use psi (I guess so if you recruit half breeds), if so how?
The hybrid needs to have the psionic amplifier device equipped (the name of the blasted thing escapes me right now). This will be one of the available modes of attack. Rookie hybrids (before spending a LOT of time in psi gym) are not very reliable for much beyond panicking the target.

Oh, and as for brainsuckers? Be friendly with S.E.L.F. Androids can't be brainsucked.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 06-02-2012 at 11:31 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman